- Completed Studies
- Interviews and Observations of Cultural Clusters in China
- HK and Macau Online Game Industry Survey
- HK Internet and Game Use Survey
- HK Gamer Study in Cybercafes
- Game Policy Study in China
- Interviews with Game Industries in China
- Comparative Game Market and Cultural Policy Study
- Online Gamers’ Right and Policy Study
- Study of China Game Export and Globalization
- Case Study of Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf
- Theorizing Cultural Clusters
- Survey in Shanghai on Gamers
- Ongoing Projects
Category Archives: Research Articles
Anthony Fung (2011) Media Globalization in China Today. Roundtable: The (Re)globalization of China. Joint Conference of the Association for Asian Studies and International Convention of Asia Scholars, Honolulu, Hawaii, March 31-April 3
Anthony Fung (2013) Popular Culture as Cultural Industries: Contradictions and Dilemma in China. The 63rd International Communication Convention, London, June 17-21.
Anthony Fung (2013) Cultural Policy, Chinese National Identities and Globalization. International Communication Association Preconference: Global Communication and National Policies: The Return of the State? The International Communication Convention Preconference, London, June 16.
Anthony Fung (2014) Tight Control, Free Market: The Study of China’s Game Industry. International Cultural Studies Conference, Crossroads 2014, Tampere, Finland, July 2-4
Peichi Chung and Anthony Fung (2013) Internet Development and the Commercialization of Online Gaming in China. In Nina B. Huntemann and Ben Aslinger (eds.), Gaming Globally: Production, Play and Place. New York: Palgrave, pp. 233-250
Anthony Fung (2014) Online Game and Chinese National Identities. In Lorrain Lim and Hye-Kyung Lee ed. Cultural Policies in East Asia: Between the State, Arts and Cultural Industries. Palgrave Macmillan, pp.53-68.
Anthony Fung (2013) Youth and Online Game in Hong Kong. Journal of Youth Studies 16(1): 43-55 (in Chinese)
Zhang Lin and Anthony Fung (2013) The Myth of ‘Shanzhai’ Culture and the Paradox of Digital Democracy in China, Inter-Asia Cultural Studies 24(3): 401-416