- Completed Studies
- Interviews and Observations of Cultural Clusters in China
- HK and Macau Online Game Industry Survey
- HK Internet and Game Use Survey
- HK Gamer Study in Cybercafes
- Game Policy Study in China
- Interviews with Game Industries in China
- Comparative Game Market and Cultural Policy Study
- Online Gamers’ Right and Policy Study
- Study of China Game Export and Globalization
- Case Study of Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf
- Theorizing Cultural Clusters
- Survey in Shanghai on Gamers
- Ongoing Projects
Tag Archives: Gamer
To faciliate the compilation of the final recommendation report, we collect more updated market data of China’s Game Industry. Because the report is for citation in the final report, it is for internal circulation only. Please do not quote. China … Continue reading
Anthony Fung (2013) A Study of Game Addiction in Hong Kong. Annual Conference, Chinese Communication Association, Taiwan, July 12-14
Anthony Fung (2013) Youth and Online Game in Hong Kong. Journal of Youth Studies 16(1): 43-55 (in Chinese)
This is a collobarative project collaborates between CUHK and Fudan Univeristy to investigate the effects of gamers and their values in Shanghai. It will be a face-to-face survey with representative sampling. The study was conducted in Shanghai in early 2014.
The Report on Chinese Game Industries (or Report on Strategic Research on Hong Kong Game Industries) was written by both Chinese University and Beijing University (in Chinese) for internal use only. (Appendix 1 of Progress Report 2013). For information about … Continue reading
Here are the English and Chinese versions of the Report: Hong Kong Gamer Study Report 2011 in English Hong Kong Gamer Study Report 2011 in Chinese
Case Study of Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf are being conducted. We visited the exhibition in Langham Place in Mongkok, Hong Kong in January 2012. Some informal interviews were done on the spot.
Researchers went to the Asian Game Show in Hong Kong on December 23-36, 2011.
This is a study to investigate the relationship among gamers, game companies and government on the aspect on game rights.
Survey of gamers are conducted in two main cybercafes chains in Hong Kong, I-One and Sunshine. The study was complete in June 2011. We would like express our gratitude to the two cybercafes.